Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Golden Post Boxes and Inspiration

I hope you are all enjoying the Olympics. I am loving it! I would watch it 24/7, if I could. I have enjoyed sports I have not really watched before and have been moved by the passion and dedication of all of the athletes, so much so that it has inspired the next phase of my weight loss. (I'm due to update you on Saturday about how it has gone this week - I am enjoying it so much and am hoping for a loss this week!)

So in the UK, whenever we have a Gold Medal winner, the Royal Mail will paint a post box gold in the winning athlete's home city! In my home town, we are very lucky to be celebrating Ed Clancy's win in the cycling Team Pursuit! I feel very proud that we have a Gold Medal winner who trains down the road from where I live and am proud of all of Team GB. Last night Chris and I decided to visit the golden post box and take a picture for posterity.
Ed Clancy - Amazing Gold Medalist!

There are golden post boxes popping up all over Great Britain and it seems that I am not alone in being inspired. Everywhere I look there are new joggers, people blowing the dust off their bikes, unpacking long-forgotten swimming costumes and the gym is constantly rammed. The message of this Olympics is 'Legacy', to inspire future generations, and encourage everyone. It certainly seems to be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment