Friday, 29 March 2013

Good Friday was a Good Friday

Today was a good day.

Chris, having started his new job, is now entitled to Bank holidays off woo-hoo!! And so, before us stretches a 4 day weekend. Bliss.

To be honest, it felt more like Christmas than Easter as we still have so much snow left on the ground.

I got up and got my cook on, making Zest magazine's banana pancakes. I adapted the recipe and added blueberries and a spoonful of bio yogurt. These are a really yummy start to the day.





Next, we spoke to Chris' parents and as always had a good giggle. I also spoke to my sis and have begun to get very excited as we are going to be seeing her soon. Yay!

Then it was off to Barnsley to sell our car, Victor, and to pick up our new car Elsie. Whilst it was sad to see Victor go, he had started to become a little temperamental to say the least. We have bought Elsie from our friend Cath's lovely mum, Monica, who has sold her to us for a very, very generous price. We had a super drive over the top of the hills in Elsie.


 I had finally got my menu planning head and had seen a recipe in Zest's new book for a venison dinner. It was Chris' turn to get his cook on and he made us a cracking tea of Venison, sweet potatoes, green beans and roasted tomatoes. I have never tried venison before, it was really strongly flavoured and reminded me of liver (which I love). Tea was awesome.




We decided to follow it with up with Nigel Slater's recipe for hot and cold pears and berries. We adapted this slightly as the pears weren't overly ripe. Delicious!

One small glass of wine later, and we are both feeling relaxed and are truly enjoying our bank holiday weekend. Tomorrow is Park Run and the start of "Chrisfit". (Nope I've no idea either). Chris is putting together a training plan for me to improve my fitness and get my 5k time down. I have no idea what this will entail, but I swear if Chris had a moustache he would be twirling it right now. We have also been watching the Crossfit games, which we are loving! It is really inspiring seeing these awesome athletes performing superhuman feats, however this seems to be giving Chris ideas. (last night he made me see if I could do something called a "clean and jerk") God help my soon to be poor broken body.

All joking aside, I am really looking forward to Chrisfit. Chris knows his stuff when it comes to training, I know I will be pushed, but I also know it makes me feel amazing. I'll let you know what he has cooked up for me!

How is your bank holiday going? Do you name your cars like me? Are you following the Crossfit games?

No comments:

Post a Comment