Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Healthy Cranberry Muffins

How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one. I spent a lot of my Sunday baking and preparing food and snacks for the following week. I saw a great tip in Jillian Michael's new book Slim for Life Jillian suggested hard-boiling eggs and leaving them in their shells. Store them in the fridge and you'll have a quick snack if you feel a bit peckish.

I also finally got round to making Zest's healthy muffins. I saw this in Zest magazine as an example of a great afternoon snack. It really hits the sweet spot. You will need:

175g of wholemeal self-raising flour
2tsp baking pwder
5tbsp wheatbran
75g soft brown sugar
3tbsp pumpkin seeds
2tbsp linseeds
Zest of 1 orange
75g dried cranberries
250ml Natural Yogurt
2 eggs
3 tbsp sunflower oil

1. Mix all dried ingredients together
2. Add yogurt, eggs and oil and mix
3. Spoon into10 muffin cases
4. Bake at 190C for 20 minutes.



Yum - the reward at the end of a good bake!
What do you enjoy baking? Have you got any good recipes for healthy afternoon snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment