Saturday, 10 August 2013

9 things you might not know about me

I always love seeing posts on blogs showing 9 things you might not know about me. It's a good way of learning more about the person doing the blogging. And so without further ado, here's mine! Hopefully you won't be running to the hills after reading this.

1. I have one sister and she lives in Switzerland. I miss her lots.

2. My favourite film is 'Predator' I have seen it so many times, I can quote it word for word.

3. My parents owned and showed St Bernard's. they bought their first St Bernard the same year I was born. She was called Honey. For some reason, they thought that we could help bring each other up. I do still enjoy chasing after cars and eating pedigree chum.  (Only kidding!)

4. For 2 years, I studied Russian and can still read Russian script.

5. At the age of 30, I passed the first stage of my motorbike test. I was in a group with 3 x 16 year olds, all taking their moped test. At first they thought I was the tutor. I was touched but then horrified when one of them said "I think it's really cool what you are doing, you know, at your age, I mean"

6. I am ashamed to say that I cannot swim.

7. I cannot stand celery. Bleugh! It is disgusting stuff. And whilst we're on the subject there'll be none of that beetroot nonsense either. It turns your pee red people! 

8. I pre-met my lovely fiancĂ© Chris when he called in to buy a book. I remember thinking he was lovely and there being lots of looks and smiles.  A year later I was introduced to our new Christmas temp, who turned out to be Chris. I can even remember the book he originally bought (most days I do well to remember my own name). It was Tokyo by Mo Hayder). 

9. I absolutely LOVE Christmas, it really is the most wonderful time of the year. Each year sees the great Christmas tree battle between me and Chris where all my spatial awareness goes out of the window and I become convinced that we really can fit that 10 foot Norwegian spruce into our tiny living room. If you fold it in half, you can do it! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi There,
    Interesting reading.
    I dont eat celery either. But since it has some good hings in it,you may want to try putting it in your daily green smoothie. (I hope you make one.)
    Beetroots are also life giving, so if you don't mind turning the color of your smoothie red, you can add that as well. The good thing about drinking your goodness, is that it takes a few seconds. You don't have to worry about the taste or the look, but you get your vital nutrients in. All the best to you.
    http://princessshimari.com/add-a-green-smoothie-to-your-routine/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the top tip. I really do want to like celery, but just cannot get past the taste. Chris even attempts to hide it in dishes, but I always find it. Really enjoyed you blog btw! Xx

      Delete
  2. I can't eat celery either. There's no flavor!

    My father bought a puppy Rottweiler when my mom was pregnant, and we grew up together, and were the best of friends. He lived until I was about 9 years old. Animals can be wonderful first friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely Keri and so true about animals being wonderful first friends. I can still remember using poor Honey to pull myself up when I was learning to stand and walk. She always stood there so patiently. Thanks for stopping by.x

      Delete
  3. Hey Caroline,

    Now I know more about you :) I love your story of how you met Chris that is lovely.

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See we are a right pair of romantics ! Xx

      Delete
  4. I hate celery - ruins a good Bloody Mary! (Or Caesar as they call them in Canada)
    I love large dogs and have owned 4 Newfoundlands (sadly just lost one a few weeks ago).
    Thanks for sharing - :)
    Best wishes
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased I am not alone in hating celery! I do think we could start a club at this rate.

      Wow 4 Newfoundlands. They are beautiful dogs, and so gentle. I'm really sorry to hear you have lost one. They do fill a special place in your heart don't they?
      Xxx

      Delete