Monday, 18 November 2013

A moment of clarity.......

Hi there, hope you have all had smashing weekends. I had a great one.

I wanted to share with you about my day yesterday, which was truly lovely. I have an amazing group of friends and every once in a while we get together to meet and catch up, usually over food ( friends and food - heaven!).

On Sunday, we had a very important reason to all catch up, namely to meet the newest member of the 'wolf pack' - Alice. Alice was born 8 weeks ago to my gorgeous friends Mike and Em. They wanted to introduce her to all of us, cue lots and lots of cuddles. She was as good as gold. She didn't cry even when I held her! ( for some reason whenever I cuddle babies, I usually make them cry). She was so well behaved. Below is a picture of her with the lovely Chris. ( by the way, Chris is amazing with babies - they love him!). 



We enjoyed a lovely relaxed Sunday lunch, watching the day turn to twilight. At the end of the meal, as we said our farewells, I looked out to see my friends making their way to their cars and had a blissful moment where I felt so much love for all of my very lovely friends. 



As I say, I hope you all had great weekends and like me had a moment when you realise just how special the people that you love are.  (And no, before you ask, I haven't been at the port). 


2 comments:

  1. What can I say? She's an absolute tart. My realisation was that I had barely spent any time talking to you and, therefore, we need to see you again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love holding babies as well. Thanks for sharing. Love your background. Anaita

    ReplyDelete