Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Bits and bobs

Happy hump day! 

Hope you are all having good weeks and enjoying the fact that we are nearly more than halfway through. I can't wait as I have a 4 day weekend. Woo-hoo!!! (Part time and taking holiday - shocking!) 

I will be very pleased of the break. Last night and today have been spent worrying about things at work. I really need to work on this big time as this is what got me here in the first place! I was worrying about things before work, after work and have been awake since 5am worrying about things again. gaaaaah! If any of you have any helpful tips, then they are very much welcome. It wasn't helped that when I got home, I finally made a start on my coaching essay. Boy that deadline is looming fast. But I did manage to watch a sneaky episode of Robin of Sherwood so the universe was restored to its rightful balance! 

Breakfast was an old classic - porridge with blueberries and honey. Yum yum. Perfect for the snowy weather we are having at the moment. 

We are in the process of using up stuff in the freezer, which is leading to some interesting flavour combinations I can tell you! I want to do more menu planning. Chris and I tend to struggle when it comes to our lunches and so if I can plan accordingly instead of turning up to the supermarket without a list, then can plan to make larger portions of our teas to take leftovers to work. We have lots of really good cookery books with great recipes in. And it will be great to getting round to making some of them. We have recently bought Davina Mccall's new book ( review coming soon) about giving up sugar and yesterday enjoyed a tweaked version of Salmon Nicoise. It's tweaked because neither of us can stand olives. 

Am most definitely looking forward to this, which will help with eating. I am not following a diet per se and indeed there will be treats aplenty in there knowing me, but it's so expensive picking things up for lunch, it will be great to putting the money towards more exciting things like the new woodburner !!!!!

Right I'd best be off. Have a great day. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment