Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Book Review - inferno by Dan Brown

Hi there,

I hope you are all good and having a good week so far. I have unfortunately caught the purge from the lovely Chris and have been laid up since the weekend. The snot has been almost biblical! Whilst I'm not 100% im going back to work tomorrow, I think I am out of the contagious stage. 

Being off has given me lots of time to do some reading. (Alongside all of the sleeping that has taken place) and so I have finished my second book of the year Inferno by Dan Brown. 


The book features the same hero from 'Angels and Demons', 'The Da Vinci Code' and 'Lost Symbol' - Robert Langdon, who wakes up in hospital with a serious head wound after being shot at. Robert keeps having visions of a silver haired lady quoting from Dante's 'inferno' but has no memory of being shot or the immediate events leading up to the shooting. Langdon is also in possession of a projector detailing the map of hell as described in 'inferno' and Langdon must decrypt the map to find something. He is assisted by Dr Sienna Brooks, who saves him when the assasin who shot at him comes back to finish the job. 

The book takes place in Florence and Dan Brown's descriptions and knowledge of the city made me want to visit it so much after reading this book. As Langdon tries to solve the mystery it becomes apparent that all is not as it seems and that people cannot be trusted. 

I really did enjoy 'Angels and Demons' and 'The Da Vinci Code' but was less enamoured by ' The Lost Symbol'. 'Inferno' though is back up to form and is everything you can expect from a Dan Brown novel - fast paced and tense. 

I did enjoy this book, it was great fun and is not a taxing read, but would be ideal for a beach read or someone who enjoys a good thriller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment