Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Feeling a bit meh...

Hey hey,
Hope you are all doing ok and the week has started grand for one and all. 

I have had a shocking sleep last night, and am bumbling around the house - I burnt the toast, I couldn't boil water, so we'll see how this post goes! It was a restless night and there may have been tears at one point (I am seriously not good when I am tired). I have a cracking headache, so I'll just see how the day goes. 

I was going to do a post recapping the year so far. I actually cannot believe it is nearly March! Where is this year going? But think I will hold off for when my brain is less fuzzy as I want to be able to remember everything. 

In other news, Chris has received his new Fitbit Surge. He is very excited about this and is busy testing out all the functions. He was out for a run this morning and then was reviewing his nights sleep, which showed when he was awake, restless and sleeping. Chris is also enjoying the heart rate function and alarm which woke him up this morning. He has said he will do me a review for this blog, but so far it's looking good folks.

I enjoyed my run walk with Cathy yesterday morning. I am following the Run for Cookies plan, which I have tried before and which is brilliant. It was soooooo nice to be out in the fresh air. It was drizzling a little, but I love those conditions. We power walked for the majority of the half hour and then ran a little bit as well. I really do like this plan. I have tried a couch to 5k plan before, but have always found it really hard as it jumps suddenly in the 4th week. This plan follows how I used to do my cross country running, which is to run a little bit more and a bit further each time. The plan means you are exercising for 30 minutes, to get you committed to doing something for 30 minutes, time after time. In your first run, you run for just 30 seconds and then 29 minutes 30 seconds walking. We have lots of hills around where we live, so we get a good workout. In the next workout I will be running for 1 minute and walking 29 minutes. It goes up 30 seconds at a time and then a minute at a time, until by about week 5 you should be able to run for 2 miles, then 2.5 miles then a 5k running all the way. I'm a long way off that, but baby steps and manageable goals all the way! 

I am astonished I have actually managed to write something today!  Time for coffee and a Frasier. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow. 

Have a great day
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment