Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Book Review - A Christmas Feast by Katie Fforde

I read this in February, which was a bit daft of me, but no less enjoyable. 

I've been a fan of Katie Fforde's books since she first published The Rose Revived' and I love how she writes about very capable heroines. Women who, when faced with a difficult or unusual challenge role their sleeves up and get stuck in. This book is no different and just as enjoyable as her other ones. I also love an author who can tell us that her passion for horses and salsa gets in the way of her real passions such as ironing and cleaning. Haha - my kind of author! 


A Christmas Feast is a collection of short stories put into a Christmas menu. We start with canapés and small bites, which are the shorter short stories (bear with me here folks), followed by the starter, then a longer short story for the main followed by dessert, cheese and coffee and mints. Each story is stand alone, following a different heroine and have women at all stages of their life from 20 something's, to divorcees to single mums. There is a lot of cake and coffee eaten (and there's nothing wrong with that) and any situation can always be solved with a good cup of tea. 

As I said, I've been a fan of Katie Fforde's for some time and as I have never been a fan of the short story, I was unsure how I would fare with this. I shouldn't have worried. It's great. The stories are all up to Katie Fforde's usual standard and are funny. When I read a Katie Fforde, I always feel like I am putting on my favourite pair of slippers and joining the heroines for a piece of cake and a good brew. 
Good cosy reading to be enjoyed at any time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment