Tuesday, 17 March 2015

My weekend

Hey there,

I hope you are having a great week so far. I still need to recap about my Harry Potter experience which was amaaaazing, but am waiting to download the 9000 photographs I took first. So I'll share with you this weekend instead today. 

So in the UK it was Mother's Day, so what better than to have a weekend with our mums. First up, we went to see my mum. We had a good natter and got to play with the latest addition to the family.



Meet Ebony. Isn't she gorgeous. Ebony is a 14 week old cocker spaniel. She is so lovely. She loves to have a cuddle and just stare at you, she also likes to nibble ears and pinch socks. We had a great time catching up and playing with this little one. She is still in that lovely puppy stage where she has 4 legs and at times they don't all work in sync. There were a couple of face plants, I can tell you! I had so many cuddles with Ebony, that my mum and dad were threatening to search my bags when we left. After what felt like too short a time, we made a move to visit Rick and Christine who were staying at their lodge in Lincolnshire. It was lovely to catch up with them and Jo and Pete, who came too. 

We watched the rugby in the bar with a few drinks and then made our way up to the lodge when it was ready. We enjoyed a good tea and provided dessert. Christine gave us the strongest hints that it must be profiteroles as both her an Chris LOVE them. At night we played a great but slightly terrifying board game called Pandemic. It was good fun, as all the players work together, rather than against each other. 

The next day, Jo and Pete had to leave early, so we went to the spa and I enjoyed the jacuzzi and the hottest sauna I have had in a long time! I don't know if it is my age, but the last two saunas I went into have been seriously hot. Maybe I'm turning into a sauna wuss. 

After lunch we made our way back home and chilled for the evening. It was a great weekend. 

Are any of you watching Fortitude at the moment. We are loving it, but after each episode turn to each other and say 'what is going on?!' We definitely have more questions than answers. Really enjoying though. 

Have a great day xx





No comments:

Post a Comment