Monday, 2 March 2015

This time.....

Morning all, hope you had great weekends. 

So after some of the most stressful weeks ever, I am hoping that I will be back to my regular hours. So I have got up, arranged a run with Cath.....and it's snowing heavily. Now, I know the Brownlees would be out there come rain and shine, but when faced with an indoor workout in the warm or an outdoor one in snow and hail, which do you think I've gone for? Haha. 

I've loads of bits to catch you up on. It's been a while! 

First up, I had a fab weekend. Chris was visiting his lovely sister in Norwich and catching up with his friends. I couldn't get the time off so stayed at home. In Friday I went out for somebody at work who is retiring after 40 years. She is one of the kindest people I have met and will be very much missed, we had a great meal out. On Saturday I did Parkrun! Woohoo! A combination of bad weather, cancellations and laziness on my part have meant that I have missed a few, so it was the first one back in a while. It was tough but I managed it in 44mins 58 secs. I am very pleased with this time after so long away. It was helped by my friend Laura who was at my ankles most of the way round, Cath got a good time as well and we returned home feeling very virtuous. 

That night we had a girly night. Cathys husband Janne made us a gorgeous tea, 'an Italian banquet' and Cathy made us a hummingbird cake which was delicious. We sat and chatted and watch poor Madonna falling off stage at the Brits (wasn't she a trouper for carrying on). The girls walked me back at 1am and I spoke to Chris to say goodnight. 

The next morning we headed off to the Farm shop for a breakfast. I was sooooo hungry, it was untrue. I had a full English and then another piece of cake at Cathys. It has been lovely, I picked Chris up at 2pm and we snuggled down and watched 'edge of tomorrow' or 'live, die, repeat' or whatever it's called these days. I had missed Chris loads, he had a great time and said it was lovely seeing everyone. 

I have finally finished my cosching essay. Woo-hoo!!!! Having not done an essay for about 20 years, it was sooooo hard, but felt a massive sense of relief when I handed it it, followed by a sense of terror at the idea of waiting for the results, eek. 

I have lots of books to review. (Well 3). So will try and get those up this week. 

Have a great day. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment