Tuesday, 25 August 2015

All change part 2

I have a lovely friend who contacted me after reading my blog to ask if everything was OK as he saw that I had handed my notice in at work. I feel I owe an explanation of this. Bear with me on this folks, as it's quite a hard thing to talk about.

I had loved my previous job, learnt loads and worked with some great people. But for about 2 years, I wasn't 'feeling it'. We had gone through some major changes and a restructure meant that teams were merged. Unfortunately around this time I began to undergo a period of intense stress. This involved lots of not sleeping, thinking about my work ALL the time and being so exhausted that I spent my weekends and holidays sleeping and thinking about work.

The stress then led into a period of severe depression. I have had depression before and it is not a fun thing. Unfortunately this time I failed to realise the symptoms until it was quite late on. I went to my doctor and wanted to resolve it the best way I knew how, through diet and exercise and I also decided to reduce my hours.

Unfortunately this did not work and after long discussions with Chris, I decided to resign. I felt like Rachel in friends when she handed her notice in at Central Perk! But signed on for a temp agency.

I had a lovely farewell with my colleagues who gave me a great send off and quickly picked up my first assignment with the temp agency so at least Chris and I have some pennies coming in.

I am doing about a million percent better. My decision was the best decision I could have made as   for a while I felt I had lost myself, which is why I have been quiet in the blog for a while. Tonight is the first time I have felt like blogging for a while and it's good to do this.

I miss my old colleagues who were very supportive, but am working with some truly lovely people now, and it is wonderful not to go home thinking about work all the time. My friends and family have all noticed a big difference And I am getting back to my old self again.

I am still trying to lose weight, as I ended up being the heaviest I have ever been and have joined Slimming World and lost 9lbs so far. (Very happy about this!) I am also exercising regularly again with Body Combat and Zumba, which I am tragic at! What I lack in rhythm, I make up in enthusiasm.

Throughout all of this Chris and our families and friends have been amazing and so supportive. I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment