When will I ever learn and advice for my 2019 January self

Hey there,

I am saying the above title in my head and shaking my head muttering when will I ever learn? After a winter that has already felt 15 years long ('winter is coming' my arse, this winter needs to do one already!!!) we are nearly through it peeps and despite snow on the ground today, very pretty, I already have a beautiful set of early daffodils in my kitchen, a gift from a friend and another friend Nina is not far off lambing ( her sheep, not her personally). I'm going to whisper this but spring may be around the corner!

So why will I never learn? Ok I love Christmas, but I hate January.....with a passion. It's that returning to work feeling after a lovely holiday, too much getting up and coming home in the dark and rain. It even has its own miserable blue Monday. Not fun. And what do I do? I always set a number of lofty goals when my motivation is on the floor.

But remember that Spring word I mentioned earlier? Now we're cooking on gas, I feel like I have awoken from a deep hibernation, am looking forward to getting things done, making plans, and I'm blogging again which is a little piece of heaven all by itself. I also got my butt back to the gym yesterday, did a beginners workout that pushed hard and enjoyed it, celebrating with a Costa afterwards. It's the little things.

So advice to my 2019 self, have a good rest over Christmas, book a spa or a massage for January and cuddle up in those pyjamas. Don't make any plans or goals, this will happen naturally.

It's all going to be fine. I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts